My friend Jesus had this contest on his blog, the best of 2008.
My/Our nominees are:
albums:
Noa- Genes & Jeans
Calexico - Carried to dust
Ben Folds - Way to normal
Unfortunately I don't know if there is a new CD from Drexler, and the new one from Rada did not impress me, and the one of Jaime Ross is from last year (La Margarita).
Discoveries:
Joanna Newsom - The milk eyed mender it takes a little to get used to, but it is brilliant.
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Live in Japan requeteclaro, no confundir con Horacio y Gabriela.
The Cat Empire - all albums, we await the Live on Earth.
books:
Haruki Murakami - What I talk when I talk about running in case you did not guess, a japanese writer, very special surrealistic environments on his fiction books. This book however, is autobiographical and is about his experiences of running. It made Bob start running for real, so I guess is good.
I tend to read "old books", they won't date anyways. So they don't qualify for a contest for best of 2008.
Personal discovery:
Julio Cortazar - Rayuela
Rene Goscinny - Little Nicholas
movies:
Mongol - We thought it should be all fiction, but it turned out to be from some biography. Weird.
The batman movie (The dark knight) was good, as entertainment did its job. But not as a life turning movie, of course.
A movie from 2007 that we really enjoyed: Irina Palm.
Probably we are forgetting what we saw, so it is not remarcable.
games:
??
I guess we are not the gaming sort...
We were recommended the card game Werewolves. Haven't played it yet.
Herramientas para operar con texto
10 years ago
1 comment:
Always interesnting to know what good friends value. :-D
Good tips in Music (I do love Noa and I still hate you for going to her concernt; Ben Folds are pretty good too).
I will have a go at "Mongol".
Cortazar is simple great!!
Concerning games... well, I have turned to be one of those gaming sort of person. Let me know your opinion about Werewolves, once you play. If allowed, I would recomend you Carcassonne. You won't regret.
Best Xmas!!
Post a Comment